If you’re looking for a grab and go healthy snack, these dark chocolate coconut energy balls are the perfect snack for you!
They satisfy any sweet cravings, but without added sugar.
Make a batch of these chocolate coconut no-bake energy balls for a quick and healthy snack on the go.
Check out more healthy snack ideas here.
Is Cacao Powder The Same as Cocoa Powder?
These no-bake energy balls use cacao powder for their dark chocolatey flavor.
If you’re unfamiliar with cacao powder, it’s very similar to cocoa powder, but with one major difference.
Cocoa powder is created from cacao beans that have been processed at high heats. This removes a lot of the nutrients and antioxidants.
Alternatively, cacao powder is a powder made from the cacao beans without high heats.
Cacao is rich in antioxidants and nutrients.
Believe it or not, cacao is actually a superfood!
So whenever you’re craving something chocolatey, grab some cacao powder for a rich chocolatey taste.
Dark Chocolate Coconut Energy Balls Recipe
These no-bake dark chocolate coconut energy balls are simple and quick to make. I love having these on hand for a quick snack during busy days.
All you need are a few pantry staples, plus some optional superfoods for extra nutrients.
For this recipe you’ll need:
- Oats (I prefer old fashioned, but instant works too)
- Natural Peanut Butter (Creamy or crunchy works)
- Honey (You can substitute maple syrup for a vegan recipe)
- Ground Flaxseed (Another superfood high in omega 3’s)
- Shredded Coconut
- Cacao Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- Chia Seeds (optional, but another great superfood)
Mix all of your ingredients together, roll into balls, and refrigerate.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
These no-bake energy balls will keep fresh for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Chocolate Coconut No-Bake Energy Balls
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tbs Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup Honey Plus 2 Tablespoons
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl
- Mix together until a sticky dough is formed
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- If balls aren't sticking together well, add 1 tsp of water at a time until dough is wet enough.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before eating
The next time you’re craving something sweet and savory, make a batch of these chocolate coconut no-bake energy balls. You’ll have a powerful snack that’s satisfying and healthy.
Eating clean doesn’t have to be boring. Just make simple food swaps and you’ll start losing weight and feeling healthier right away.
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. That means if you make a purchase through a link in this post, I’ll earn an affiliate income or commission at no additional cost to you.